The Dr Meter EM100 earmuffs are intended for smaller children and toddlers who are not ready for ear plugs or noise cancelling headphones.
Their NNR (Noise Reduction Rating) is 27dB, so they reduce the ambient noise by 27dB, above the NRR of 25dB recommended for children on the spectrum.
Weighing only 230g, they are adjustable with a very comfortable headband and fold into a small compact unit.
Some examples of the dB level of sounds:
- Jet take-off (at 25 meters): 150 dB, Eardrum rupture.
- Thunderclap, chain saw: 120 dB, Painful, 32 times as loud as 70 db.
- Live rock music: 110 dB, Average human pain threshold, 16 times as loud as 70 db.
- Outboard motor, motorcycle, jet flyover at 300 m: 100 dB, 8 times as loud as 70 db.
- Food blender: 80 dB, 2 times as loud as 70 db.
- Living room music, radio or TV-audio, vacuum cleaner: 70 dB, Normal maximum.
- Conversation in restaurant, office, background music: 60 dB, half as loud as 70 db. Fairly quiet.
- Quiet suburb, conversation at home: 50 db.
- Library: 40 db.
- Whisper, rustling leaves: 20 db.